Monday, September 3, 2012

This Week's New 52 Method Gourmet Personal Breakfast Convenience meals in a jar for work, play, and travel!



I've debated. Do I share these new meals or do I keep them to myself?

 Is it fair to make the 6 grain peanut butter cup breakfast and not at least give you a nibble? I love the creamy peanut butter warm and gooey dripping over the lightly-sweet milk chocolate cereal with a hint of vanilla. It is a salty-sweet taste of perfect peanut-butter bliss.
Well, how about the new  9 grain carrot cranberry orange glazed pudding?
 This is made with 9 wholesome cracked grains coupled with  shredded carrots in a spiced amaretto buttery pudding with tart yet sweet sundried cranberries drizzled with a creamy orange glaze.
  Even worse to keep to myself is Cussin' Granny's buttermilk lemon-vanilla custard! It is everything warm and inviting about grandma's creamy-smooth lightly spiced Buttermilk Custard Tart...with the convenience of a quick cooking breakfast cereal.
 The one I am not sharing is the 6 grain Double chocolate hazelnut truffle cup. The way the chocolate chunks simply melt in luscious divinity over the warm gooey sinful pile of happiness might be too much for your heart.  Well, maybe I'll share the recipe but certainly not the truffle cup!

I'll start with the peanut butter cup today and be sharing the rest over the next 7 days! How's that for torture?! I'll also be adding in a few new personal meal recipes for lunch and dinner as well so you won't want to miss a really epic-cool week on the blog! Thursday I'll be guest posting two new recipes for convenience meals on the Honeyville Farms Blog as well! It is just a full week of amazing new meals! Are you excited?! I am!!

So without further chitty-chat, let's move forward with today's peanut butter cup breakfast. For the dry mix I use Peanut Butter Powder along with a  6 Grain Cereal Mix that contains Barley Flakes, White Wheat Flakes, Red Wheat Flakes, Rye Flakes, Rolled Oats, and Triticale Seeds.


I found this in a mix called a 6 Grain Topper at the local Honeyville store but you can make it by pulsing the dry rolled cereal in your blender for about 15 seconds. The topper is used for making cookies, breads, rolls, and topping loaves of bread just before baking. It is really versatile. It also cooks really quickly for breakfast cereal and became a fast favorite here for that specific application.
 It cooks in about 3 minutes using one part grain to two parts boiling water so it is really quick!
I don't know if this kind of an evil breakfast should be so fast and easy to make. However, the chocolate peanut-butter cup of glory is here to stay. Yup. I'm going to burn in heck for even letting you have this recipe.


6 grain Peanut Butter Breakfast Cup Cereal in a jar

1/2 cup 6 grain rolled cereal (pulsed in a food processor 10-15 seconds)
1/4 cup Powdered Peanut Butter
1T baker's cocoa
2T sugar or sugar alternative 
1/2 tsp Vanilla Powdered Flavoring

Put ingredients in a half-pint jar for a single serving. Top with an Oxygen Absorber and seal tightly for jar to be shelf stable up to 5 years. Or, if you are going to use the jars, they are shelf-stable up to a year without an oxygen absorber.
To keep peanut butter separate for a topper/drizzle place peanut butter powder in a snack-size zip bag and place in the jar to prepare for later. 

Directions to prepare cereal: Combine dry ingredients with 1 1/4 cup boiling water and cook 3-4 minutes. Or, microwave with 1 1/4 cup water for 2 minutes. Stir, and cook 1 additional minute.  Mix peanut butter powder with 1T cool water and stir until smooth. Drizzle over hot cereal mixture. 
Serve hot. You may top with additional peanut butter and chopped chocolate if desired. 


There you go! Make some peanut butter cup cereal. More recipes to follow for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for one! How cool is that?! 

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess





I am no longer the corporate chef for Honeyville but we still love them dearly. My family is greatly blessed and relies heavily on the extra money brought in by sales tracked back to this site. This is also the company that packages and sells my spice line as well as my food storage cookbooks. Thank you so very much for your support. Xoxo!

5 comments:

Holly/Shelfreliance said...

*Drool!*
My stomach growled when I read this! Thanks for sharing =)

desertskyquilts said...

That looks good, but I'm coming back for the 9 grain carrot cranberry orange glazed pudding! Cranberry and orange mentioned in the same breath are like a magnet to me!

Anonymous said...

OK, the torture is more than I can take. It has been 7 days and I am looking for the 6 grain Double chocolate hazelnut truffle cup recipe.

Like Holly, my stomach is growling!

Chef Tess said...

Okay...I'm a little behind my darlings. I'm working on it now. I love that you're so excited for these! It is so inspiring and makes me love what I do! Xoxo! Thank you for the love! Xoxo!

Anonymous said...

I made this today and it reminds me of the "No Bake Cookies" which my children love! I am going to send some of these to my boys in college. I think they will love them! great recipe!!!