Saturday, May 18, 2013

Universal Grain Salad video! 90 day weight loss challenge begins!

After a rough week, taking care of the funeral and burial of my dearly loved Father in Law,  Mr. Putt Putt. I'm back to life here. As much as can be expected. This last week has really inspired me to be better at taking care of this mortal body the good Lord has given me.  It continues to be a journey of self and learning to love myself. It also is part of recovering from some serious health issues that have caused some weight gain in the past year or so. If any of you would like to join me, it isn't too late to do it.  My fitness coach is my dear friend Christina Wheeler and we'll have a support group on Facebook.  It should be a great way that anyone across the country can take part in this 90 day journey!  I'll be checking in here on the blog often with the challenges, successes and joy in the journey.  

 That being said...lets make something healthy!
This upcoming week, I'm gearing up and starting a 90 day weight loss challenge.  Part of that challenge is of course, eating whole grain, lean protein, and a lot more veggies.  I already eat a lot of veggies so that's not going to be a problem. I work for an amazing grain company so getting great organic whole grain isn't a challenge either.  In fact, most of the recipes here on my blog (Grain Surgery Recipes) are all about getting healthy whole foods into your diet! 

  I think the biggest challenge for me personally will be actually just getting up and getting exercise and making that a priority. So today I wanted to revisit one of my favorite salads.  I'll have some of this in my fridge for quick and easy meals.  This is a Universal Grain Salad, made with quinoa in this video. I hope it will inspire you to eat more healthy whole grain. 

Onward and upward we go my darlings!  For more information on the 90 day challenge feel free to contact Christina Wheeler on Facebook for details. You can also send me an e-mail and I will get you the information you need. Thanks all! Lets do this! 

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess


jenn-o said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

Tess, you are just a lovely, lovely person, inside and out! I so enjoy your recipes and reading your blog. I hope some day I'll make it to your neck of the woods to a class or something. I'll be joining you on your weight loss journey as I too need to get active!

Cathy Meehan said...

Love this, thank you Steph