Thursday, April 21, 2011

Snicker-doodle Blondies You Are Evil.

 My original sin  genius Blondies had nuts and big chunks of chocolate in them. If you missed that recipe, it's a forever classic and can be found here.  However, it was recently brought to my attention by my ever sweet and amazing sister in law Jennifer, that I could probably make something more evil. In fact...she dared bring me such a confection.  She called them the Snicker-doodle Blondies. I almost passed out. Yup. It's still herb and spice week and you bet your sweet little doodles that we are going to have some of these on the blog! So, I changed up the recipe a little from my original Blondies recipe and zooom-bam-bah. What we have is a soft and caramel-like bar coated with a spiced sugar that will make you cry tears of joy and bliss. Okay...maybe you won't cry. I bet you'll write a song about them though.


Chef Tess' Butterscotch Snicker-doodle Blondies  

1/2 cup melted butter (cooled but not still runny)
2 cups dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla (double strength)
1 tsp brandy extract


1/2 cup sugar
2 T Wise Woman of The East Spice Blend

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 by 13 inch cake pan. Mix all the ingredients  except for the white sugar and Wise Woman of The East Spice Blend, combine well. Spread in the pan. In a separate container, combine the sugar and Wise woman spice blend.  Sprinkle generously over the top of the Blondie and bake 25-30 minutes-- or until they look dry on top and almost firm to the touch. Let cool 10-15 minutes and cut into small squares. yield 36 Blondies...






There you go.

No comments: