Sunday, December 7, 2008

Danish Pastries of Love and Happiness


Here's something pretty. Danish pastries are one of my favorite things to make. I love how they look. I love how they smell coming out of the oven and filling my house with this buttery cardamom wave of love. Really, I think whoever came up with these must be among the raving genius bakers in history. Take a peek. I made them myself.

These are another one of those roll in doughs. Butter rolled into the dough to make it flaky and luscious. Ahhh. I love butter. Real Danish is a roll in dough. You see "Danish" in bakeries that don't make it with a roll in and it makes me crazy. Really, what is the point? If I wanted a cinnamon roll glorified, I would ask for one. These are the real deal. I promise I will give you a recipe someday!

No comments: