Friday, May 8, 2009

Ace in Germany

Amazing Castles...

Quarter Acre VW building stacked high with 400 cars,

Incredible cathedrals,

Spires and stone...


and I am most inspired by this...


As some of you may have guessed from the title...Ace went to Germany. It was all work related and I am sure he loved driving the autobahn and seeing all the amazing sites. To his credit, he took my camera so I could have some pictures of the events. He took well over 600 shots. Imagine my joy seeing all the beer joints he saw...from the outside. Mind you he was with a group of guys who almost planned the entire trip around the great drinking establishments. Ace's favorite places to frequent where the ice cream stands. Wow I love that guy!

Looking at the ice cream, I can't blame him. He did go to one of the big famous beer places as the designated driver...and he ate a few of these really giant pretzels. I don't even want to know how many he ate. Look at this woman with the pretzels though...she looks thrilled to be selling them. Tee hee. That bad boy is almost as big as her head!


Sauerkraut was one of the staples. This is Ace's bowl. Not the beer though.


This is the kitchen at the Neuschwanstein castle. It's a pretty famous place and bless his heart for thinking to take a picture of the kitchen. He also managed to remember that I needed new hot pads. He bought some from the gift store.

Knowing the wife is a bread queen...of course there had to be pictures of bread...and look at those pretzels. Ahh. My kind of bakery.

He said that every morning the hotel put out this great buffet.

He also got to spend way too much time frequenting the local pastry shop. I will not freak out...I really wanted to go. Can you tell?

Ace's favorite pastry was this cake stuff. He says he didn't get the name, so if anyone has any idea of what it could be, please let me know. I would love to duplicate it.
There you go. A few brief foodie moments in Germany. Had I been the one with the camera, I am sure there would have been more! I promise when I go to Paris, it will be top priority.

No comments: