Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Baker's Hands...

Well now...here's a random thought. I think it's time I had one.

I have beautiful feet. How's that for random?


With housework, canning and bread making I have pretty much pulled a full shift on my lovely size 10's. Despite their giant size...they are gorgeous. Mind you, I don't usually complain about anything. I make it a point to be positive. It's very rare Ace hears me complain, but today I did. My feet where killing me. Honestly, I need to get some of those gel pads for my shoes. The pads made for shoes. Side note...I actually have a dear sister who used to think that Preparation-H was for sore feet. Boy oh boy was she upset to find out that those pads had nothing to do with bunions. At any rate...where was I? Oh...Ace. We where in the magic mini-van driving into town and I mentioned in a very non-complaining way that my feet where a little sore from the efforts of the day. I have an amazingly thoughtful husband. He looked over to me and with a very concerned tone asked, "When we get home, how would you feel about a nice foot rub?"...I almost cried I was so happy. The thought actually entered my mind, "I have the world's most perfect husband". Then he said, "It will really strengthen your hands..." Then it hit me...he wanted me to give him a foot rub.


Silence....
I'm a baker.
My hands are already strong. He had to seriously talk to the hand. I also had some serious head pivots and a full on attitude. " OH no you didn't! You did not just say that to me."

I'm still waiting for my foot rub. I don't think my attitude helped. However...He'll be waiting for his foot rub until next June. Or maybe not...

Later on he did clean the toilet. To this domestic Queen, that is almost worth a foot rub. Almost...

That's all I have to say about that.

4 comments:

Heffalump said...

Ah see...I never have to worry about that, as D's feet are too ticklish for him to ever ask me for a foot rub, and I am the same way. Unfortunately for him, I ask for back rubs instead, and he is pretty good about giving them (although he often falls asleep while rubbing my back...)

A said...

I'm in favor of complaining. Or at least being blunt. At any rate, my guy certainly knows how I feel about massage. For my birthday last year I got 20 coupons for things like '15 minute foot rub' or '20 minute backrub'. It has to be one of the best gifts I've gotten in a long while.

Jeri said...

sounds like CHICKEN is on the menu for tonight;)

Ron Merlin said...

Ha Ha! One for ACE!