Friday, August 28, 2009

Random Thoughts...honey...

Want to know a random fact? If you do too many triceps weight lifting reps without stretching...you will walk around like a goofy T-rex for 5 days. I bet you thought this post was about honey. Okay it is. Did you know that honey will keep almost indefinitely in a sealed container at room temperature. If crystals form, don't chuck it. Please! In the name of all that's good and honey coated...you can bring it back to life. It may seem as blind and useless as Han Solo after Jabba froze him, but it's nothing a little warmth can't fix. You can place the jar in warm water for a few minutes, then...I will remove my helmet and dramatically announce "I'm here!"...oh wait. That was something else. You can stir it up and it will be as smooth as it ever was. Ahhh. Kiss me you fool. I prefer a nice dark honey. Buckwheat is what I keep on hand. At any rate...
We're getting close to the bottom of the honey barrel. Face helped me make cinnamon rolls today and glaze them before heading over to a big screen TV segment watching of at a friend's. Just as I was about to drizzle the warm honey over the luscious warm whole wheat cinnamon and lemon rolls, Face announces,
"Hey Mom! Stop! This stuff in the honey bucket looks like crap!"...He still has no idea why I'm laughing. We still ate the rolls. Evil grin. That's all I have to say about that.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Is that molasses or honey? What's the difference?

Kathy said...

That is the largest honey bucket I have ever seen!

Chef Tess said...

Jana, molasses is a byproduct of the processing of sugar cane or sugar beets into sugar, while honey is made by bees. This is a dark honey called buckwheat honey. It's pretty strong, but I like it a lot.

Kathy. LOL. Yes, not on an airplane, it's a pretty good sized honey bucket.

Jana said...

Thank you. I get it now. And fyi that was my dad's question.