Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall Cupcake Ideas on Valley Dish Today!

More of my Fall Cupcake ideas will be on Valley Dish this afternoon on NBC 12 Phoenix at 3:30 pm. It should be a nice little segment on getting the most out of your tray designs and your cupcake designs. Gorgeous and Easy Sunflower Cupcakes where part of last weeks segment, but are more geared toward Fall in general. If you missed how to make the modeling chocolate, I think it is an amazingly cool thing to use to add some vines or Fall leaves to a cupcake top.
One thing I like to do is make the tops symmetrical when I design them, but also for this season, adding some toasted walnuts and sesame seed can really add some great texture and flavor to a cupcake.
What seems to be the ongoing trend, is getting back to the simple "retro" designs of the 1950's and 1960's. These color schemes are great! Often I will use the same method I used for making the caramel apple wrappers for the Tricky-Treat Stuffed Caramel Apples
to make a smooth top for a cupcake. I just roll out the caramel between two pieces of parchment paper until it is the same size as the top of the cupcake. This placed on top of a thin layer of frosting will stay in place, but give such a nice caramel coat. On another cupcake I will mold the modeling chocolate into leaves and outline it with red icing. I'll use caramel balls to make Polk-a-dot designs. Yet another, I'll do the outline of a leaf in thinly rolled modeling chocolate, and then paint the leaf with food coloring to give the effect of a fall leaf...and sprinkle it with sesame seeds.
Whatever you do for your Fall cupcakes...have fun! I'm so excited to be part of your life. God bless!
There you go! Remember to watch Valley Dish this afternoon!




No comments: