Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Green Chile Chicken-bacon and Macaroni Skillet Meal

It's Wednesday...a crazy day wedged right in the middle of a busy week. If your days are anything like mine, you need fast meals in the middle of the week.  Well...this is one that never fails to make my family happy.  It's fast, hearty and satisfying.  Ace will even eat it if I don't mention the chicken too much.  It has a short enough list of ingredients, you might already have everything in your cupboard too!  So...speed walk over to your kitchen, throw open your cupboard doors with reckless abandon and swoon dramatically so your family thinks you are actually thinking about dinner.  I've got you covered.

Green Chile Chicken-bacon and Macaroni Skillet Meal

14 oz cooked macaroni noodles (well seasoned with Chef Tess All purpose Seasoning)
15 oz prepared alfredo sauce (use my condensed soup mix--prepared or store purchased of your choice)
16 oz chicken breast, cut in cubes (seasoned with salt and pepper)
2T butter or olive oil
1 onion
7 oz can diced green chile (or fresh peeled and chopped)
1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon

2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar (or regular sharp cheddar)

Directions:
Saute the oil, chicken, and onions until onion is clear and chicken is cooked through.  Add the alfredo sauce, green chile and bacon.   Mix until smooth. Fold in the noodles.  Top with cheese.


Serve hot.

There you go.  Have a fast middle of the week skillet dinner. Smooches!

4 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

That looks super YUMMY!! Adding this to next weeks menu. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Shellee said...

Hey! This sounds yummy! I needed some ideas for my dinner planning lists, this is going on.
Anyway... when I read "crumbled bacon" I couldn't help laughing over a conversation that I had in church a coupl-a-weeks ago. This girl was complaining that she hates crumbly bacon on stuff cause it always makes her hands greasy. I asked her to not be so hard on bacon. She needs to cut it up into little, tinyubits, THEN cook it in the pan. Then she won't get all greasy. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Then how will I make it all crumbly. It's not called, 'little bits of bacon.'" I couldn't say andthing and I walked away just laughing.
Some people are just a little too dense for my taste.
Love you and am making this for dinner tonight!

mlebagley said...

Could you use real bacon bits instead of the 'crumbled bacon'? You know the stuff they sell next to the salad fixings (not to be confused with the soy imitation bacon bits). This sounds yummy and not at all nutritious. Bet the boys will love it!

Chef Tess said...

Bobbi! Hi and smooches! Shellee...tee hee. Oh my gosh! Crumbled bacon...MLE...yes! Use the real already cooked and in a bag bacon. I've used it for this recipe and it works great!