Saturday, October 15, 2011

Spider-Pan Dulce...Tutorial



With Halloween coming this next week, I thought I'd share how I make my Spider-Pan Dulce! Isn't she beautiful all perched on top of that loaf of bread? Well...she's also 100% edible! Isn't that crazy!






To make the loaves yourself, take one pound of bread dough. Today I used Sweet Potato Yeast Bread but you could easily use my 5 day bread dough as well. take a 2 oz ball of dough out of the loaf and set aside. Pull the rest of the dough into a tight ball. 






Place seam side down on a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Poke a hole in the center of the top of the loaf and form the 2 oz of dough into a spider, placing the legs down first and then topping with the body of the spider. 



Using a dough cutter, make deep cuts into the loaf in a diamond shape, leaving the spider on the top intact.


Allow to raise 35-45 minutes.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake 40-45 minutes until internal temperature of 165 degrees.  Follow my directions for the basic bread painting here.  To get the white, use edible white gel paste. I have other methods...but that one is the simplest by far. The gel paste colors are perfect for bread too!  


There you go. I'm sharing this on  this FaveCrafts Blog Hop post,. If you take a second and pop over to vote for my bread, I'd be most thankful! Xoxo!


There you go!
Always My Very Best
Your Friend Chef Tess

No comments: