Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Tank Pinata

My son turned 9 this week. He wanted to make a tank pinata for his birthday party and I wasn't about to tell him to stop being so dang creative! So...we emptied a cereal box, found a disposable "to go" salad bowl, 8 mason jar rings, a paper towel roll and a lot of duct tape. 


 That with some metallic lookin' acrylic paint...and we had a tank. I should say...we still have the tank.  
Turns out...when a kid makes the pinata, they may or may not want to have other kids swing a baseball bat at it. Turns out, we have one who would rather die than have his tank destroyed.   If you missed the full tutorial on homemade pinatas go here. I now have a very cool tank in my bedroom...next the Christmas tree star out of paper that I think we'll probably never be able to throw away. Ah...it's home decor at it's finest. Next year...we're making one with a trap door so the party guests can pull on strings and still get the candy. In the meantime...I have3 lbs of M&M's fun-packs stuffed in a tank in my bedroom...for emergencies.


Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

1 comment:

Tara said...

Ha! Too funny! I love his tank. I don't think I would have been able to "destroy" it either. I think most of us moms have "fine home decore" similar to yours. lol
I just found your blog on Pinterest yesterday (the meals in a jar, brilliant!) and I'm loving reading. Thanks for such a great blog!