Sunday, February 12, 2012

You are So Loved.

Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul. Enjoy.



I looked in the mirror this morning. Eeeek-fest!  I do that most mornings. Some mornings I try to avoid looking at the frazzled hair and the silly girl. This morning, I raised an eyebrow and  I talked to her. I actually said out loud, "Well...that's something." I saw my mother looking back at me and I realized...I was now the age my mother was when I used to think she was old. I don't think she's old anymore. 


I made a goal to call my parents more this week. Tuesday I randomly called The Pansy Man (my dad) just to see how he was doing at work.  Dad runs one of the largest greenhouses you could possibly imagine in Salt Lake City, Utah.   His assistant made him stop mulching to talk to me. That's love right there.  We ended up chatting for a long time and I remembered how much I truly enjoy our talks. I'm making a goal to call him every day. How is it that we can grow up with our whole world revolving around  parents and then move out and grow up and suddenly...Now...I have to make a goal to call. I feel like an idiot even posting that little confession. Mom told me that Dad talks about me all the time. He's never forgotten his daughter.   However, I think about our sojourn to earth and I think it must be like that with our Heavenly Father sometimes. How could I ever forget to pray or talk to Him? He's never forgotten me. Ever! It's so easy to get distracted by the shiny stuff on earth isn't it? 


We're coming into Valentine's Day this week. I remember my Senior year in high school and my dad taking me to a movie on my Senior prom night...because I didn't have a date with a "real boy". Stupid boys.  It turned out to be one of those nights that I cried and he listened and I cried some more. I'm ever so grateful that I still have that shoulder to cry on...even if it's 800 miles away. It reminds me once again of one of my favorite quotes:


"... wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love.
Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time! He who created and knows the stars knows you and your name—you are the daughters of His kingdom. The Psalmist wrote:  “When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;What is man, that thou art mindful of him? …For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.”5God loves you because you are His child. He loves you even though at times you may feel lonely or make mistakes."--Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Remember you are So loved this week. Whatever your days may look like, your God will never forget you. Share the love this week...and don't forget to call home. I'm sure you have a Father who wants to hear from you. 
There it is.
Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

4 comments:

Herbalpagan said...

awww. I remember when I looked in the mirror and saw my parents staring back at me. It's a life altering event! lol
My Dad was my best talking buddy and I really miss him. This gave me the first tear of the day, but it was a good one!

Keli Martin said...

Love you for this. Thank you!

Simply So Good said...

Well said. My parents live with me and sometimes I won't see my mom for a few days. My dad always makes the effort to come up the stairs to see how "everything is". Thank you for the reminder and the touching words from Elder Uchtdorf.

Connie said...

Thank you for your thoughts. They really touched my heart. Wish my children could read this--we sometimes go weeks without talking. When I call they are usually too busy to talk, so I wait (and wait) for their calls.