Saturday, June 9, 2012

Classy Bread and Fishing Poles

 After spending the better part of this week in Utah, I have to share some love. I will always love how amazing it is to bake bread at this high altitude. Oh my goodness. I love how quickly things rise here! I especially love that I have to adjust my baking time and temperature in order for bread to actually look pretty.

 I loved my bread class this week. Among the students there were many experienced and inexperienced bakers and I always find it amazing to see the light come on in young baking hearts. No matter what age the heart is, bread seems to touch so many. I loved seeing two adorable farming guys in my class. Yes, it did make me wish I had a daughter for them to marry. Jeff especially. Keep baking brother. I want to hear how things go with that bread! Shelly from Idaho...you too love. Keep me posted! Many drove from out of state to attend. Many groups from Idaho and a few from Montana. Oh my heart just could burst with love. You all made me feel so welcome and adored. So many who spent the entire weekend playing with me! Thank you!There were too many to mention by name, but I do have to say that the guys from our bread class, Jeff and Irvine (did I spell that name right?) brought the entire family to the classes the day after the bread class. I'm flattered. Eileen and Chris have raised a fine family and I got meet their beautiful daughter Sarah. By the way...I'm happy to report that they have a daughter just about Little Man's age. Fate. See?  I love you guys! All of you. Thank you so much for making it a beautiful couple of days.

At any rate. I feel so blessed. I'm going to admit it right here. I'm always humbled to have new friends and share something that is near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to lie. The best part of the week was having my sweet dad, The Pansy Man, and my sister, Auntie Em, roll into the parking lot with a trunk full of fishing poles and some stinky cheese. I quickly slipped out of my fancy dress clothes and into a comfortable pair of jeans and a flannel shirt. We found a local fishing pond there in Brigham City, Utah. Within a few minutes, dad caught this guy.


 I caught one too.
Time alone with dad and a fishing pole...priceless. There it is.


Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

2 comments:

Holly/shelfreliance said...

Awwwl, so sweet and wonderful that you got to spend time with your Dad! Makes me really miss mine, he's a 5 hour drive away. I will have to give him a call this morning.

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it! Your bread is amazing and I loved seeing the picture of you and your dad fishing - success is always so much fun, right?