Friday, May 24, 2013

Simple No-Bake Homemade vegetarian protein bars


Day 5 of the 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge and I have to share this simple no-bake recipe for homemade protein bars. There's no cooking involved on the stove either!  I've had these on-hand for snacking and so far they've been the perfect to satisfy my need for a chewy cookie-type delectable niblet of love. I love the addition of some freeze-dried raspberries and peanut butter.   Here's the recipe my darlings! 

Chef Tess' Simple No-Bake
Homemade Vegetarian Protein Bars 
Ingredients:
1 cup soy protein isolate (or 4 scoops Chocolate shakeology)
 2 cups quick cook oatmeal or 4 grain rolled cereal
½ cup coconut, unsweetened
2T Baker's cocoa
1/2 cup Granular Erythritol (natural sugar-free calorie free sweetener)
½ cup freeze dried raspberries, crushed
1 cup unsweetened almond milk

 ½ cup natural, creamy almond butter or peanut butter ( I use Nutzo organic 7 nut and seed butter)
Directions
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Add almond milk and nut butter to mixture. Mix well with clean hands.
3. Press mixture into 8x8-inch baking pan; cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
4. Cut into 18 bars. Store in the fridge, in an air-tight container until ready to eat.

Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 150, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 3mg
Sodium: 61mg, Carbohydrate: 14g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 7g


There you go! Onward and upward my darlings! How are things going with your weight loss goals?



Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess 






































3 comments:

Bryan Wheeler said...

Awesome, I can't wait to try this, looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Thank you Steph! I love you for this! Well I love you for many reasons my friend! I miss our chatting time, hopefully one day we can again soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Chef Tess! I have been following you for a couple of years. I can tell in the latest video that you have indeed lost a bit of weight! Congratulations!!! It must be harder for you being in the public eye, so double congratulations. You keep coming up with some crazy wonderful recipes. Thank you for all you do!

Jill