Saturday, November 4, 2017

Sweet Hot Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sliders

This weekend I got to cater the food for my best friend Gena's baby shower. It was a lot more fun catering for someone I know and love rather than it just being part of my job at the restaurant. Plus, since Gena is my same age and probably the last of all my friends from High School who is having a baby, I felt like this was a final blow-out party.  Her last child was born 9 years ago and the Hershey's Kisses Party was the last time I actually showed that part of my life...

Fast forward to now...and all of Gena's babies are all grown way past the baby stage! At the Boss Baby party, they all got matchy t-shirts. 
This lady is starting over. I'm excited for her. I'm nervous for her because this is a whole new phase having teenagers and a newborn. I'm ecstatic for her because it's almost like I'm a new aunt and I'll get to snuggle a new baby. That's the best part. I miss being a mom of small kids sometimes. 

I wanted to share a few of the recipes for the party since I think y'all can benefit from having some great recipes on hand for all of your holiday parties coming up! I'm starting this series of posts with the Sweet Hot Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sliders.


Sweet-Hot Jalapeno Peach Sliders
3 lb lean, trimmed boneless pork, cubed (or beef)
1 cup peach jam
1 cups bbq sauce (I use my Great Grandma's Chile Sauce plus 2 tsp liquid smoke)
1 tsp salt
1 cup picked nacho jalapenos
2T fresh minced garlic
Chef Tess all-purpose seasoning to taste (about 1T) It is here
Directions: Place cubed venison meat in a 4-5 quart pressure cooker (This one is my favorite) along with remaining ingredients and cook on high for 30 minutes, natural release. If you want to use a slow cooker, you can do so as well, but it will take 5-7 hours on low. When meat is cooked tender, shred with a fork. 


I served the meat on these slider buns but used poppy seeds on top instead of the onions...


That recipe for the slider buns is here.

I'll be sharing a few more recipes from the party in several posts. I think Y'all are going to love this! 

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess



No comments: