Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Bacon Jalapeño Popper Dip




I'm not going to lie. I love spicy cheese filled jalapeno poppers. I love them. If they wouldn't cause serious gastric distress...I'd eat them every meal.  The heat alone will kill you if you eat them to fast...but I love them. It's wrong. It's creeping over the edge of evil obsessive love affairs. Yes. I know. I will probably live to regret eating them, but my goodness, they are so hot.  Now add bacon and make it into a dip. Freak. Freak. Freak! 

Several years ago at the start of this blog, in a land far far away when we were just starting out and didn't have more than  a dozen recipes up, Evil Tara sent me an email with this recipe for Jalapeño Popper Dip. She must know how weak I am. Weak and pathetic in the sight of the poppers. Yes, imagine my genuine level of utter adoration at the mention of a hot appetizer dip that mimics the flavor of those evil hot cheese fat bombs. I had to make it right away! So, as the Evil Think tank session arrived with Evil Tara, this dip was part of the culminating events. I must say...it was just as evil as the recipe made it out to be.


 Yes. I am hopelessly in love forever. 10 years later, the addition of Bacon is a long-standing traditional Petersen Family upgrade.  You see why? Right? BACON!  I hope you'll join me in making this dip one of your holiday favorites! So here's the recipe.  You're welcome. 

Bacon Jalapeño Popper Dip
2- 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temp
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
1- 4 ounce can sliced jalapeños- double if you like heat


1 cup real bacon crumbles
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese


In a food processor add the first 6 ingredients and process until smooth. You do not need to drain either can of peppers. Spread the dip into a greased 2-quart casserole. In a bowl mix bacon crumbles and the 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese... Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake in a 375° oven for about 20 minutes. You want the top to get browned and the dip to be heated through and bubble gently on the edges. Do not overheat this dish or the mayonnaise with separate and you will have a grease puddle in your dip. Serve with Buttery crackers or a sliced French baguette. Serves 8-10.


There you go!

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess


No comments: