Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh That Was Fun!

I had some serious fun this morning with the crew down at our Fox 10 in Phoenix! I won't even tell you how early I left my house to get there...or how insanely early I showed up at the studio. I will however tell you that everyone was so nice to little ol' me! Julie at the gate who helped me know where to park (one of my major anxieties of downtown is parking....Yikes!) Mark the cool security guy who loaded all my stuff out of the car--seriously might have saved my life! I was sure I'd have to lug all that stuff myself. Which would have been fine, but always nice to experience that extra service! When I met Tiffany the assistant producer who found me I just wanted to hug her! She was so sweet and cute! Rick D'Amico still makes me laugh in person. I've seen him on TV for years so it was exciting to be in the same studio with him! Then there is Andrea Robinson...who promised to get me her grandmother's recipe for Texas Sheet Cake! Bring it on honey! I would love to blog it! I also got to meet Alexis and though we didn't do any shooting together, I loved her!

We didn't really get into the Solar Oven, but if you saw it there on the counter, it is a great way to get the kids outside and using the power of the sun to cook food.

So here's the other good news...they asked me to come back again in the future! Oh be still my heart! I might pass out from sheer happiness! Thank you Fox 10! It was, as always, the best! If you missed it, here's the segment. http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/azam/whats_cooking_chef_tess_061009
Linkage to recipes on my blog from the show:
Painted Bread for breakfast --Use instant coffee and water or Pero and water for the paint. Painted decorative bread tutorial will be next Tuesday and I will show some secrets for using this with egg whites to get that amazing look on your breads.
There you go.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

You did a great job and I'm so excited for you!!

Kristensens' Kitchens said...

Way to go Chef Tess! We watched you 4 times. A star is "born."

The Turner Family said...

that is so cool! So happy for you and you did great!

Anonymous said...

I watched the segment and you were so lovable and brillian that I believe you will turn into a big star!

--Shae

KellyTheChef said...

I am soooooo proud of you! You did such an excellent job!

Unknown said...

i love the way you projected yourself on t.v. you looked great.
your top was so cute! i loved the colors on my t.v screen!

oh also your hair is darling!
i was excited to see you!

Midodi said...

Loved the segment! Way to go!!! Can't wait to try some of these.

Salsa Mama said...

Steph, you were so awesome there on TV!!! I had to post it on my blog, I hope you don't mind. You were so gorgeous, it made me really miss your bubbly fun personality and makes me want to have you come over and teach me some healthy cooking... :)