Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chick Flicks...(Random Thoughts)

I have this collection of girl movies that I have labeled really nice so my husband doesn't mess with them. Ace calls them the "cancer-death-love-feelie-touchie-emotional-wreck-movies"

Just to be sure we're all on the same page. These would be the movies that some one doesn't die in a fireball car crash or end it all during a Zombie Apocalypse....and look what he did to my Girl-movie case when I wasn't looking...
That's all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

Lamb said...

I drive my fella crazy as I love those cheap, grade B (and C and D) horror flicks, lol! Bring on the zombies!!!
I do like historical dramas as well...Lady Jane will make me cry every time...plus A Man For All Seasons and The Lion in Winter.
But *chick flicks*...uhmmmmm...nope.
I remember going to see Love Story with a boyfriend as a teen.
HE cried.
I got the giggles.
Yeah....that broke up our romance, lol!

Goob said...

I have spent the last 8 years pretending I don't want to watch chick flicks, only to bawl like a baby in the middle of one of the most emotionally manipulative movies I've ever seen. I found it so cathartic that I now make no bones about wanting to watch chick flicks. I just give my man fair warning that I'm going to turn on the TV and there are no gaurantees that I will not be watching a chick flick. And by your description of how ACE describes your chick flick collection, I assume that "Dear John" is in there...it covers all those, in one fell swoop!

Chef Tess said...

Lamb you made me laugh! That's awesome!! Lisa, you know I was the same way. I actually don't have Dear John. Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice...I love the classics. Though there are a couple Twilights in there...and that makes Ace crazy. He can't stand that they made a love movie out of a theme that had such potential for zombie apocalypse.