Sunday, November 6, 2011

Muffins and Little Men...Keeping a Balance

 It was an eventfully zany week. I've admittedly worked harder than I ever can remember to get all the details done. I sealed some deals, made some meals...and flew to LA for a day. In the middle of all of this, I had two anchors. My God and my family. I faced some exciting new experiences. When it was all done however, I had more excitement for one thing...my babes. By the time Friday came around, I was ready for a mom and kiddo day. My boys don't have school on Friday. It's a blessed day.  So, Friday we played, starting with banana-cream berry muffins with struesel topping.  I love cooking with them.


I'm not going to lie. It was the highlight of my week...and I've had an EPIC week.




Why is it that something as basic as a banana muffin could bring me so much satisfaction? It was like a renewing wash of love for my heart.  Maybe it was that airplane trip back to the Phoenix Valley when I realized that what I missed most during the day was giving my kiddos some sweet sweet hugs.Don't get me wrong. They have the love and support of Ace, who I can freely admit, is a model of conscientiousness and thoughtfulness when it comes to being a  father.  He really loves our kids.  I didn't doubt they would be well taken care of emotionally, physically or spiritually without me at home. However, I missed their rib crushing hugs.   At the airport...the hugs were priceless. My ribs got their proper squishing. 


 In the morning, with my hair sticking up in a ray of sunshine, wearing my funky hot pink bathrobe with lime green cupcake fuzzy jammies...we made muffins. One kiddo mashed bananas. One  kiddo mixed the ingredients.


Life. It's about food balance. I've heard other chefs' say Life is all about Food.  I'm going to have to disagree.   It's about finding the joy in the journey and loving the Lord. It's about Family. It's also never a problem to add a few muffins to one's life either. Can it be possible to see that God is in fact manifest in a muffin?  After all...muffins and memories can change the world...I'm pretty sure. I just came to realize that God is many things and His influence can be found many places. He is the laughter of children.  I felt it like a wave of mercy. 


"He Is..."



After it all, it will be where we recognize the Lord's hands that we'll find the most peace. I'm so thankful.


There it is.
Always My Very Best, 
Your Friend Chef Tess

No comments: