Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pin and Win with Lucky Leaf Springtime 500$ Contest!


 My darlings down at Lucky Leaf  always send me the best goodies in the mail! Seriously. What is the best thing you could send a baker, besides flours? {Tee hee}...

Pie filling! This time it was three free cans of their premium Pie Filling along with some cuter-than-heck recipe cards and a really adorable kitchen timer.  

 I seriously can't get over how simple these recipes were to make! Ya know what though? Their recipes are always easy to make! That's why I love them. Love. Love. Love.
Here are some of my favorites...

This ridiculously delicious



Another absolute favorite was the Amaretto Peach Cobbler in the Awesome 

that included the Sweet and Hot Slow Cooker Pork and Chocotinis! It was a very fun menu and really easy to make ahead of time for the party!

Perhaps my favorite post ever from Lucky Leaf has been the 




 These New Recipes for spring are so light and luscious, we might be having them all summer long!  The first recipe I made was the Lemony Blueberry Layered Pie. Ladies...if you want your husband to fall over with happiness...go ahead. Use this recipe. When I pulled this creation out of the fridge the words that escaped his mouth were, "You blessed woman!"  So ya know...he then sat down with the entire pan and ate it with a spoon.  I guess he thought it was just for him. I did manage to get a small little nibble...and it was ridiculously divine! The second batch I made, I changed the recipe a bit for my family's preferences. I've made the adjustments below.

Lemony Blueberry Cheesecake

 with Pistachio-Graham Crust

Adapted from Lemony Blueberry Layered Pie  from Lucky Leaf

Ingredients

1 10-inch graham cracker crust in a springform pan  (see recipe below for my homemade with pistachio)
3 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
8-ounces sour cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
2   3.4-ounce box instant lemon pudding mix
2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 21-ounce can LUCKY LEAF® Premium Blueberry Pie Filling

Instructions

Make your crust by combining:
2 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup fine ground pistachios, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1-2 T of water.  Press into a 10 inch springform pan.
 It helps to lightly mist your fingers with a little water so they don't stick.
 Bake at 350 degrees for 101-12 minutes.
Allow to cool while making the filling...


Filling directions: Combine cream cheese, sour cream and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix at medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Add pudding mix, lemon zest and lemon juice; mix until well blended.
 I have boys. I will not tell you how much they laugh whenever they see this picture of me squeezing the lemon. If you don't understand...I'm not going to explain it to you either.

 Spoon lemon-filling mixture on top and spread evenly. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.

Spoon  Lucky Leaf Premium Blueberry Pie Filling on top just before serving. Garnish with fresh lemon zest if desired.

The second recipe I did was the Cherry Coconut Squares. Um Wow! There are only 6 ingredients in these bars and so far, my boys have asked me to make them four times in the last four days. I have a teenage boy and one nipping at his heals. Tell me that they'll stop eating soon. It is starting to get scary. Speaking of scary. These coconut squares are the most delightful coconut shortbread imaginable topped with the super-fruit cherry filling from Lucky Leaf. I'm telling you...you can't lose!
That being said, these whip up in minutes, are delicious to make, and have made their way to the top of the list of "Best Things to Trade" at the lunch table.
  My son says he can get premium trade-items from other kids whenever he brings them in his lunch box...and he still won't trade them with his friends! 
There. That is the ultimate test right there! Punk my lunchbox. That's right. I'm super-bad!

 Cherry Coconut Squares from Lucky Leaf

Ingredients


  • cup sugar
  • ¼cup butter
  • 1 ½cups all-purpose flour, sifted
  • ¼teaspoon salt
  • 18-ounce can flaked coconut
  • 121-ounce can LUCKY LEAF® Regular or Premium Cherry Pie Filling

Instructions



Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cream sugar and butter. Sift flour and salt together and then add to creamed mixture. Mix in coconut.

 Pack 1/2 of this mixture into a greased 9-inch square pan. Spread LUCKY LEAF Cherry Pie Filling on top. Put remaining crumb mixture on top of pie filling. Pat down firmly


Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. When cool, cut into 16-squares.




Guess what?!!! The fun hasn't stopped!  Lucky Leaf is opening up a great Contest to you my darlings!!
  •  The Grand Prize is 500$, and two additional winners will receive 200$!  
  •  To enter the contest, go to the Contest Entry Pin and pin away (Contest starts May 1st)! There isn't anything posted on the page-link until then so you might have to be patient...
There you go my darlings! Join me for this amazing contest and share these outstanding recipes!

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess


No comments: