Monday, March 12, 2012

Join Me on Fox 10 for Home Canning 101 and get the Printable Tutorials here!


Tomorrow morning at 9:45 I'll be visiting the Fox 10 studio again for some fun with Rick D'Amico and Alexis Vance home canning! It's such an up and coming trend in food as people are wanting to get back to the basics that their grandma used to do. Well...things have changed since granny was in the kitchen and home canning is a lot safer than you may think. I'm excited to share the details with you! 

Remember that my Quick Cook Bean Giveaway ends Wednesday! You must go to that post and leave a comment there to enter. Yeah...go here.

Here are a few links that will be helpful:
My basics on Home Canning Safety 
I made Spiced Blueberry Vanilla Compote for pancakes and waffles. The big jars...because it's just pretty. If you see it on the show...don't pass out. 


Yes, it's basically the Spiced Blueberry Amaretto Jam...but use vanilla bean paste and double the blueberries. I found some stinkin' huge blueberries the size of cherries for 1.50$ a pint. I loaded up. So far, I haven't raised my own blueberries yet. However...this stuff just turned out so pretty. It's gloriously pretty! 


I also made  my husband's two favorite salsas
Homemade Tomatillo Salsa,


  
Roasted Tomato Fajita Salsa


as well as my favorite Peach Mango Jalapeno Jam


 If you've never made jam, my Jam Session Tutorial is pretty cool for seeing the steps. 

Also, if you want the printables:
Home Canning Safety 101
Utah State University Extension Office PDF on jam and jelly
Chef Tess Jam Session Tutorial


There you go! I'll catch you tomorrow on Fox 10.

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

No comments: