Monday, January 12, 2009

The Evil Brownie...

Meet my friend.
We have a LOVE-HATE relationship.
His Royal Evilness...Baron Brownie.
Stop staring at me with those piercing eyes!





This is an entry on THE evil Brownie. Really sick and wrong...in a good way. So deathly delicious they kill any effort to lose weight and have to be banished to the tower... and even then I manage to find the locked door and fight off the bats and fairy dust to get to them! Here is my favorite brownie recipe, for good reason. I doubt you will be able to keep the munchkins at bay...or giants for that matter. There is a reason why I only make these when I can take them somewhere. Otherwise they stare at me all day. How rude. Don't make these...save yourself!!!Okay, make them. You have been warned.

My Chef Tess Brownies
1 1/4 cup butter
4 cups sugar
1T vanilla,
2 tsp rum extract
1 T cinnamon
1 T orange zest
1/2 tsp ground Cayenne pepper
8 eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1 T salt

Preheat oven to 325degrees. Cream the butter,sugar, eggs, vanilla, and spice until light. Add the flour, cocoa, and salt, mixing 2 minutes. Pour int a lightly greased bar pan (at least 9inch by 13inch by 3) Bake 40-45 minutes--slightly undercooked is better than overdone and dry. Cover with ganache and toasted almonds:

Ganache
16 oz. high quality chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups toasted almonds

Boil cream.
Place chocolate in a metal bowl and pour hot cream over the chocolate. Stir with a wire whisk until smooth. Pour over brownies when they are cool and cover with toasted almonds. Allow to cool...if you can wait that long and cut into squares.

3 comments:

Goob said...

sick, and wrong.
sick, and wrong.
Now I will have perverse dreams of orange-rum-almond scented chocolate chewy heaven all night.
On a night that I happen to have no cocoa powder...

Chef Tess said...

Yea, you think it's bad just hearing about him...imagine my disturbing life having him in the house!!

Jana said...

I made these and they were Uh-mazing. Thanks for the recipie