Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Bread of Life Section--Hope.


I want to start a section of my blog for Sunday Morning Courage. It will be called The Bread of Life Section. I owe Him everything. I am, in effect, casting my bread on the water in hopes that it will bless as many as it has power to reach. Some may argue this inappropriate for a food blog. It really wouldn't be my "real" food blog if I didn't bring this ingredient into the mix. It is my soul. I find that my cooking and my Spirit are unmistakably linked. When my Spirit is strong, my inspiration is lead by a higher power. If you choose to discontinue reading me blog based solely on my faith, please know that it is not my intention to offend, but rather promote a spirit of understanding. I deeply respect those of different faiths, and I hope this message will not be taken as anything other than my love. Love gives me power. Love of God gives me strength. That same power whispers to my soul what I need--and how to create. So, despite any static I may receive, this will be a regular occurrence for me. Choose to read or not, but know that I believe in Christ. I will never apologize for speaking of Him. I want to share a speech I love. This quote helped pull me out of one of the darkest times of my life and continues to give me strength everyday. Hopefully it will do the same for anyone else who needs it.. It is by a man who I love and revere as an Apostle. Just as others may revere their Rabbi or Pope. So, in a spirit of love and mutual respect I add this today. My deep and abiding love is with you all as you face the challenges of your life.


Emphasis added:
"The adversary uses despair to bind hearts and minds in suffocating darkness. Despair drains from us all that is vibrant and joyful and leaves behind the empty remnants of what life was meant to be. Despair kills ambition, advances sickness, pollutes the soul, and deadens the heart. Despair can seem like a staircase that leads only and forever downward.Hope, on the other hand, is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances. It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn. It encourages and inspires us to place our trust in the loving care of an eternal Heavenly Father, who has prepared a way for those who seek for eternal truth in a world of relativism, confusion, and of fear."


--From Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “The Infinite Power of Hope,” Liahona, Nov 2008, 21–24
"Hope in God, His goodness, and His power refreshes us with courage during difficult challenges.

There you go. Have a wonderful blessed day. I love you!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I LOVE that talk and I totally think this appropriate for your food blog. I'm excited to read more in the future!