Saturday, March 14, 2009

Breakfast At Joe's Farm Grill

In December of 2007, Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" with host Guy Fieri filmed a segment at Joe's Farm Grill. It is a part of the episode "Real Deal Fast Food", which first aired on May 19, 2008.
http://www.joesfarmgrill.com/

I went there for breakfast with Tara , my evil genius friend from culinary school. I personally had never been there, but loved it right away, just looking at it. I'm so retro myself and it was actually a home that got converted into a restaurant (http://www.joesfarmgrill.com/Pages/TheBuiding.html) Yea baby. Totally groovy ambiance.
If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend the apple fritters. They where crazy- wicked-descent. Still warm from the fryer. Cake like with a nice lightly spiced flavor...not too heavy.
They also had pretty chunks of green apple in there...

Tara had Green Eggs and Ham. Pesto, chopped fresh basil, ham, tomatoes...I think we will make this for breakfast. I'm a star bellied sneetch...and the folks at Joe's have stars upon "thars". Lots of stars...


I had the breakfast tacos.
The menu actually worded it pretty well:
Three soft- corn tacos filled with potato, egg, shredded cheddar, and choice of bacon, ham, sausage, or chicken breast; with salsa verde, sour cream, and
side of farm beans.

I had them with chicken and without cheese and sour cream. I'm trying to cut back on the fat. They had great flavor. Well balanced. I wish I had 6 of them, but am glad I only had 3. The beans for breakfast kinda threw me for a loop...but I thought they where really good. Heavy on the oregano but I like it that way. Plus they where really warm. I was freeeeeezing cold. It must have been 70 degrees outside where our table was. Don't laugh. I'm a wimp.

We sat outside...
I think it was worth the trip and I would go again. Thanks Tara!

No comments: