Monday, April 6, 2009

Crispy Oven Baked Chicken drumsticks

This chicken is perfect for parties...or Tuesday night.
The last time I went to a family party someone pointed out that I had nice "chicken legs".
Not that I will ever turn down a good skinny leg comment...I don't think they where talking about my thighs...Those are still a work in progress.

The chicken legs where on my plate.
Meet the meat. These are awesome. My sister in law( who as a random matter of fact has the same first name as my birth-sista') made these fabulous drumsticks. As a foodie, I could not go without getting the recipe and posting it. Well done Jen. I loved them. Ace won't touch chicken, not even Jen's. I may have to make about 6 batches of this chicken when he is in Germany. Just for fun. Actually, I may just make baked beans as his main course and have chicken tonight!
Jen's Crispy Oven Baked Chicken legs

12 chicken drum sticks,skin removed
2 Cups corn flakes
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 eggs


Crush corn flakes in gallon size freezer bag. Add cayenne pepper, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix. Remove skin from chicken. Dip each chicken drumstick in egg, then coat w/ corn flake mixture. Spray pan, place chicken in pan. Bake at 350 for about an hour.
Freezer meal side note:

If you want to have these already cooked on hand in your freezer, they work! Cook, then cool in the fridge. When totally cooled, transfer to a gallon size freezer bag (for 6 servings or 2 quart size for 3 servings each). When you want to serve them, pop into the oven and bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes. The cornflakes will re-crisp and you will have a much lower fat version of fried chicken.
Weight Watchers: 2 points per drumstick (if you don't add any fat)
There you go.

6 comments:

J. P. said...

my grandma used to make us cornflake chicken and I LOVED IT! Why do I not make it for my family? I"ll bet they'd like it too.--Lisa

Angela said...

That 1/2 parmesan . . . is that 1/2 cup? Those look really good.

Chef Tess said...

Yes. 1/2 cup. I've fixed it. They are really good. Thanks!

Kari said...

hi Stephanie... my husband, Jayme King from Fox 10 met you when you were in the studio... he told me about your c. I just want to tell you that I tried this crispy baked chicken recipe and it is AMAZING! we've already made it twice. thanks so much - your site is wonderful!!

Chef Tess said...

Kari,
Thank you so much! I had so much fun working with Jayme and hearing how you two met and your darling little one! He seems like a really good guy and I am so glad you found each other. Thanks also for your sweet words about my blog. I look forward to hearing more from you. Best wishes and big hugs!!

mlebagley said...

This is a family favorite. Our only variation is to marinate the chicken legs before the final roll in corn flake crumb/seasoning mixture. Totally delish. Totally freezable and recrispable from freezer to oven. Thanks for sharing this one!