Thursday, April 9, 2009

Delicious Lemon Sugar Cookies







I tried a great cookie recipe last night with Face and wanted to post the recipe. I got the recipe from a trusted foodie named Janelle. All the recipes I've tried from her have turned out great. So... these cookies where just as Janelle described, and I am very grateful...though my thighs...are not so happy. I had to freeze them but I have to say, they turned out thick and fudgy and just awesome. Um, the cookies where thick and fudgy, not my thighs.


Delicious Sugar Cookies

Adapted by Chef Tess from.
Great American Cookie Company's Sugar Cookie Recipe

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups  all purpose flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream, butter, sugar; add eggs, lemon, juice and vanilla. Mix till creamy; add sifted dry ingredients: salt, soda, and flour. Roll into balls and flatten with bottom of sugar coated glass or your hand.

Bake at 350° just until the edges start turning color 7-10 minutes, Time will vary depending on how large and thick you made your cookies. It is important not to over bake if you want the texture to remain chewy and soft. Frost and decorate as desired.

Thanks again Janelle!

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

No comments: