Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bread of Life Section...Dreams.

Sunday morning means I share a little bit of the spirit behind my blog. These are the inner workings of my soul (so to speak). I think it helps everyone to see that I am real. So this is just a once a week glimpse into what motivates me.
Dreams.
I once mentioned that I dream of chocolate. Thus the picture of the brownie. What does that have to do with my Spirit? Well...let me tell you. I read a really amazing statement yesterday about Dreams. It said, "God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future—to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities.God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can’t if you don’t pray, and He can’t if you don’t dream. In short, He can’t if you don’t believe." - Jeffrey R. Holland".


I'm not sure if the chocolate dreams need to come true, but the dreams I've held onto my entire life that are for the benefit of God's children, should come true. What do I dream of most? I see my life touching and lifting everyone I meet in one way or another. I see myself being a great catalyst for good. I dream in vivid color about what this world can be if I do my part. I dream of a bright and glorious days ahead.
I listen to those who believe in me. Thanks mom and dad. Ace. Em.Tara. Dear friends. I try to ignore the pessimists--not always easy.They talk really loud sometimes. I have to remember the opinion that matters most. Yes...most especially I try to listen to the One who put those dreams in my heart in the first place. Whenever I think of God, I imagine Him cupping my face in His hands and smiling at me with those encouraging eyes. I see a loving Father. My prayers always include this phrase, "Dear Lord...thanks for believing in me."
Dream big. I will too.
There you go.

3 comments:

Goob said...

awesome quote. And just imagine how many more people will come here and visit you because of opportunities laying ahead. Imagine how you WILL touch those people through your food, humor, and love. I think its pretty awesome. Now, I'm just trying to figure out why did I wake this morning have dreamt that a girl dressed like a playboy bunny had come to grandma's funeral and everybody kept saying "who invited the slut" and I kept thinking "why would they say that about me?" LOL

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you are crazy!

mlebagley said...

Ahh...I love it :)