Saturday, May 2, 2009

Erin's Sprouted Wheat Bread...a success story!

I have to cheer on the valiant efforts of a hard working mom. She made this bread...from these wheat grains...without a flour mill!
Every now and then it really clicks and someone gets really motivated about learning to make the sprouted wheat bread. I had a friend, Erin, read the Sprouted Wheat bread tutorial blog entries...including all the sprouted wheat bread troubleshooting entries...in depth. In a short time, these pictures came across the computer. I love it when a plan comes together (quick, name that 80's sitcom).


The wheat berries you see are sprouted by Erin in just over 36 hours. Her wheat was really fresh. I am pleased to announce that she not only got the wheat right, but also cranked out some pretty righteous looking bread.

Here's her dough...

I am actually really fond of the Sprouted Wheat bread in a food processor . It makes fast work of the grinding and kneading process and yields a much finer ground wheat berry when it comes to dough. Look at this bread. Nobody pass out...but this is Erin's very first loaf of sprouted wheat bread.


I'm getting all misty eyed. Overclempt. Superbly pleased...heck I'm proud! Outstanding work! Keep it up Erin! I love your kindred creative soul.
There you go!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Way to go Erin! I'm guessing she used the food processor method . . . maybe I'll try that one next time, but maybe not--I really want to make it work with a meat grinder for some crazy reason. I did make the hot cocoa cream pie tonight with your fantastic pie crust--I'll have to send you a picture and the whole story tomorrow. Delicious. :)

Chef Tess said...

Angela, I can't wait to see it! I like the meat grinder by hand for emergency stuff like your amazing blog! I noticed you are a hand grain mill vendor now. Way to go!