Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jalapeño pepper pecan baked brie


We didn't have enough jalapeno with the Jalapeño Popper Dip at the Evil Think tank...so we made some of this evil baked brie. You know, because the fat bomb dip wasn't bad enough for our hearts and figures. This is an appetizer I had at a friend's party and loved it so much I shared it with Tara. She in turn shared it with a couple cooking classes. It is one of my all time favorite ways to serve Brie. It's so simple it's almost scary. It's got the sweet of apricot jam, the salty cheese, pecans and hot peppers. It basically covers all the flavors...and that creamy mass of deliciousness is smothered on slices of light crunchy toast. What's not to love? It's actually a recipe from the Pampered Chef. Here's the link to their company recipe search and this recipe too: Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie : The Pampered Chef, Ltd. It's well worth looking at. 4 ingredients plus the bread! Wow! I don't sell Pampered Chef anymore, but I love their products and recipes.
There you go. IF you don't use the bread...it is gluten free!

3 comments:

Goob said...

There was a very interesting conversation on NPR this morning about the effects of sugar, salt, and fat, (in combination) on the brain. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hear the whole thing, but it was very VERY interesting. We crave these things because they do something to us chemically!

Chef Tess said...

Yea, I imagine I am as addicted to sugar, fat, and salt the way an alcoholic is addicted to booze. It's sad, but true. I have to fight it tooth and nail everyday.

Diana said...

Hi! Just found your site and I really love it! Your recipes look wonderful, the pictures make me drool and I can't wait to paint some bread!

One comment: don't be afraid of fat or salt... as long as you are eating good fat (coconut oil, palm shortening, lard or tallow from grazed, organically raised animals and and butter from same. Clean sea salt is also an excellent source of trace minerals. Both are essential for good health, contrary to what the mainstream 'experts' will tell you. I say this as an RN that has done her homework. Anyway, thanks so much for having such a beautiful blog and for sharing your excellent recipes and techniques... I will visit frequently!