Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bread of Life...Tree Ornaments

Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul. Enjoy.

Black Friday is the day we put up our Christmas tree. It has been for years. It's a great time for me to get my head on straight about the season. I'm not saying going shopping is wrong by any far stretch. I do in fact love a good battle over the last bike on the Wal-mart clearance rack. I'm just saying that for me, I need the clarity. I take out the cherished ornaments that remind me of people I love. Angel crocheted ornament from my dear friend Heather who taught me painstakingly how to crochet with the fine thread.

My favorite Holiday ham...
Salt dough tree made by my sister Auntie Em one of her lean years. A gift from her heart that I treasure.

The family ornament that my sister Jen gave me the first year we had our baby...after years of wondering if the child would ever appear. What a sweet feeling to know God truly did remember our family.
A new addition living with Cussin' Granny...the John Deer tractor. We're not hillbillies...not...not...not. Okay, maybe just a little. We only have one of these. One is good, this one to remember Granny's loving father who would take her deep into the potato fields on their Colorado farm so he could spend more time with his sweet daughter. She spent a lot of time taking naps curled up at the feet of her daddy on that tractor.
The ornament that goes up first every year...the most simple of all.
A long thick harsh nail. To remind us most of all that the season we celebrate isn't just because the Lord thought it would be great to send a child to earth...but that the sacrifice was going to be complete. The work of redemption would not go unfinished. That God should be thanked for the Gift of His Son. It's spelled Christmas with a capitol "C".
God Bless.
.

No comments: