Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Double Chocolate Caramel Cookies

What do I say about these? Not diabetic, not healthy...totally evil. Galactic-jello-hip pods. Diet destruction incarnated. Buttery, tender chewy fudge cookies of death. I'm in trouble. Brace yourselves people. We are going into dangerous territory...and all I have to ward off evil is a very trusty non-gilded spatula. Okay...and we put them in front of a piano and it's like the romantic music starts playing in my sweet little coco head. Hello baby...
Cookies are always a temptation for me. I can't have them in my house. We made these ones for some nice missionaries who came to dinner the other night. We packed them up happy and snug to go home with the missionaries. I'm not sure if that is helping the cause of righteousness or not. However, I am told that feeding others is good for your soul, even if you give them cookies.
Here's the damaging recipe. Hopefully it keeps you happy. I know we had fun.
Tess' Double Chocolate Carmel Cookies
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp double strength vanilla
1/2 tsp rum extract
1 tsp anise seed
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups white chocolate chips
16 pieces of Carmel (each cut into 4 wedges...)


Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and brown sugar until very fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, rum extract, and anise seed. Add the baking powder, salt, flour and cocoa powder. Combine well. Add the chocolate chips. I use a medium ice cream scoop with a release mechanism to make my cookies. It portions them and shapes them.
Scoop onto baking sheet with 2 inches in between each dough ball. Dough will be stiff. Bake 350 degrees 8-10 minutes until just baked. Remove from oven. While cookies are still warm, push Carmel pieces into the tops of the cookies (4 pieces per cookie).
Get them out of your house as soon as possible.
There you go.


3 comments:

Heather Hunt said...

You are killing me! Here I slave away on my Wii to loose a few pounds and here it is TEMPTING me!!! LOL.

mlebagley said...

You never answered my question. Can I bake these with the caramel chunks already inside the dough? Or would that turn the caramel crunchy hard? Hmmmm?

Chef Tess said...

You guessed right. If you bake them with carmel in the dough, they will be really hard chunks of molten carmel in there. Putting them on just after baking keeps them soft.