Monday, November 1, 2010

Homemade Noodle Mix

Every Monday I try to share a useful convenience mix. With Fall finally in the air here in Arizona, USA...and the holidays right around the corner, I thought I'd share the latest adventure in mixes from my kitchen. Homemade noodle mix. A "just add water mix" for the upcoming season of giving. It's a new mix idea from my sweet little brain that I think will be fun to give away with some of my Homemade Cream Soup Mix . I got an email from a dear friend, Katie, who I went to High School with and she asked me if I had ever used dehydrated eggs to make noodles. The genius! This would make a gorgeous easy mix right? First however, I had to locate the Whole Powdered Eggs or dehydrated egg. My favorite so far has been Honeyville.



Yellow like an egg. You can use egg white instead if you desire.

Combine the dry ingredients...
Add the water...

Make the noodles.

Chef Tess Homemade Noodle Mix

2 cups high protein bread or semolina flour or use milled Hard White Wheat flour
1/3 cup whole egg powder
1/2 tsp salt or Chef Tess All purpose Seasoning
1/2 tsp onion powder or 1/4 tsp garlic
Add 3/4 cup water to the mix (or 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup puree of spinach or tomato if you want a veggie noodle) and knead until it's a smooth dough. Proceed to make it into noodles.
For further directions on how to roll out and cut the noodles, see the Homemade Whole Grain Noodle Tutorial .

I will give more detailed instructions on how to make noodles at the class tomorrow! 6:30 PM
Homemade Noodles from you Food Storage with Chef Tess at Preparing Wisely
Preparing Wisely
144 S Mesa Drive Suite D
Mesa, AZ 85203

(480) 964-3077

Come and learn while having a great time!


2 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for the shout out! I can't wait to try this!!

Chef Tess said...

Thanks for writing and asking a question. I love being part of your life still Kate. Big hugs girl!