Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Child at Christmas (Bread of Life Section)

Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul. Enjoy.


Under the tree are a few heavily taped not so neatly wrapped gifts. It is, in those gifts alone, that I see the true spirit of love.


I wonder. If I was there at Christ's birth, what would I give him? He doesn't ask for gold, he asks for something far more important. He asks for my heart. I wonder if the child within me would wrap that up in a heavily taped not so neat package and hand it over without reservations? I sometimes wonder if that may be the hardest gift to give. Yet, when we do, what does he do with it? He gives it back to us, perfected, full of love and larger than life itself.



What will you be giving the Christ-child this year for Christmas?

3 comments:

aswesow said...

Amen.

Di said...

I just now saw this (don't think it was in my FB feed).
Love it - thanks for sharing!

mlebagley said...

All of me. He can have it all!