Saturday, June 18, 2011

Painted Whole Grain Bread for Momma (and Jan D'Atri)

 I had the chance to visit Jan D' Atri and Momma (Momma's name is Livia) at their book signing on Friday and decided to take Momma some bread since it was her birtday this week! What do you think?
 I especially love this new spin-wheel design I came up with. I think it's totally retro!
There you go. Just a little "had to share". I'm loving these ladies! Jan invited me to come back on the radio show and help her with a private cooking class in July! Yes! Dancing the happy dance!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Those are beautiful. I would love to see a tutorial on how to do it.

Chef Tess said...

I posted a tutorial on how to do the painting. There's a tab at the top of the website. Xoxo!

Anonymous said...

I don't see a link - did you remove it?

Anonymous said...

You can find the tutorial info here, though it is not a video.

http://cheftessbakeresse.blogspot.com/2009/06/basic-bread-painting-technique.html

Thank you, Chef Tess, for keeping the joy in preparing beautiful foods! Great site.