Saturday, March 10, 2012

Almond Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies...100% Gluten free!



When I was visiting my glorious sister Auntie Em I spent a little time with her making some gluten free goodies! I love developing recipes that will be put to good use, and this one is a keeper! It's an adaptation on the almond flour sugar cookies I used for my gluten free class yesterday, with a few extra ingredients...like chocolate chips! Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies?! Plus, the almond flour these are made with is a little different than the blanched almond flour I've used in the past. It's the Natural Almond Flour so it looks a little more like a whole wheat flour when it's baked. Ironically, there's not a speck of wheat or gluten in this cookie!
These ones are also low sugar, and lower carb than most gluten free cookies. This is largely due to the fact that auntie Em is also diabetic. So...she has issues. Don't we all. Xoxo. Love you Em. 

Chef Tess' Almond-Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies 
(Gluten free)

4 Cups Natural Almond Flour
4 large eggs
16 packets Splenda or eqivalent of 1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp LorAnn English Toffee Flavor
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips (gluten Free)

I'm not gonna lie...I'm a huge fan of the English toffee flavored oil. I've used it before on my blog but I'm telling you it just adds some rockin' flavor to the cookies. Plus, for gluten free and sugar free...you can't go wrong. 
For this recipe, just combine all the ingredients. It's very simple. 


Place by rounded Tablespoon on a lightly oiled  cookie sheet, about an inch apart. 
Lightly flatten the cookie dough balls. 
Bake 375 degrees 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack...or your open mouth. 

Yield 2 dozen cookies.

There you go! Make some delightful lower sugar, gluten free almond-toffee chocolate chip cookies! Xoxo!

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess





2 comments:

mlebagley said...

I was thinking about these cookies all day and so glad that you posted the recipe on your website! Another batch is going to hit the oven today! These make GREAT post exercise recovery cookies - high protein, good fats, super dooper yummy never hurts either! Thanks again for sharing a 'winner'!

Chef Tess said...

I love you!!!!! Miss you so much today. Big hugs across the miles my darling!