Saturday, March 17, 2012

Auntie Em's Soft Divine Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I didn't bake these. I did however, eat them. Those who know the ever zany trips I take to the fantastic state of Utah will also know that my adorable sister Em lives there. She's gluten free and also watches a lot of things, like sugar and junk in her diet. It's cool because she's not the only one! When Em shared these cookies she made, I couldn't help from smiling! They are the perfect pumpkin cookie. Never mind that they are gluten free, low sugar, loaded with the health benefits of pumpkin and um...chocolate. They are beautiful! No way anyone on earth would ever think they were gluten free...and I've tasted a lot of gluten free snacks. These blew me away. So, this one is all Em. She converted my pumpkin cookie recipe and I'm seriously in love. Thank you Em! Now I can't stop thinking about them...in fact, I'm making them today. Again.  

Auntie Em's Soft Divine Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar * 
1 cup white sugar*
2T molasses
1 can (15 oz solid pack) Pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
6 cups Chef Tess Super-Grain All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend** OR you can use my  favorite white flour blend from Grandpa's Kitchen --it's not whole grain but it's awesome!
1T baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp xanthum gum
1T Chef Tess Wise Woman of the East Spice Blend OR 1T Saigon Cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg (note...this isn't even going to be close to how amazing they would be with the Wise Woman blend...it's available in all the Honeyville Farms retail locations)
3 cups gluten free chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream  the softened buter, sugars, and molasses. Scrape down the bowl. Add the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla. Mix well about 2 minutes. Add the flour, baking  powder, salt and Wise Woman Spice Blend. Stir well and add chocolate chips and pecans. Drop by rounded Tablespoon onto ungreased  baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from baking sheet to a cooling rack. Yield about 8 dozen pumpkin cookies. Yeah...that's a lot of cookies. Emily put them in snack size baggies in her freezer to take to work and for snacks. 
*Sugar free and natural? I use granular erythritol in place of the sugars in this recipe.

There you go. Make some awesome pumpkin cookies! Thanks Auntie Em!

Get the printable version of this recipe here.

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

2 comments:

Ruby Jean said...

Oh I am going to have to show this to our Son.. He is on a Gluten Free diet and LOVES Pumpkin so he will most certainly want to make these.. He is 16 and Loves to be in the kitchen.. :)

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

Thanks for this great recipe! I tried it (adapted) for my daughter's class at school, and it was a hit! I shared my version of the recipe today and linked it to your original recipe.

I love it if you shared some of your gluten-free ideas at my Gluten-Free Share Page on OneCreativeMommy.com.

I hope to see you there.