Sunday, March 4, 2012

Who Is My Neighbor? The Bread of Life Section

Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul. Enjoy.


When I was about nine years old, I remember learning a song in the children's ministry (we call it The Primary).  It was called, "Have I Done Any Good".  The song posed a lot of questions. Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad? I'd like to further add...have I done any good without anyone but God knowing I did it? Have I considered my motivation in serving others? Do I expect praise of men? 


I watched a video this morning that was quiet. It doesn't have a lot of fan-fair and no words. However...I think that is usually how service that makes deep lasting impact is done. It's quiet. Sometimes there are words needed that only you can give. It may be a smile, a nudge, a hand squeeze, or a pat on the shoulder. It may be a brief quiet moment. I've personally received a few of these acts of service when I least expected it...usually from total strangers. I think those angels on earth have a special place in the heart of God. That's my thought this week. If there's nothing monetary, but there's more than enough love to go around, then look for those who have been spiritually beaten and left to die. Give. If you have the means, share.  Be the instrument of change in someone else's life. Do it quietly. Feel the power of love. It is how God works.



Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?  And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise."  Luke 10: 36-37

There it is. Happy Sunday.

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

No comments: