Wednesday, February 27, 2013

4 ingredient Super Simple Natural Vegan Nutella-type recipe!





My friend Amy shared Amy's coconut nut butter bites on her blog today. I don't usually jump on a recipe that quick, but this one was so simple it was almost scary how perfect it was!   I already had all the ingredients at home. After I made the cups, I thought, "this could totally make a truffly chocolate spread!:   I knew it could easily be converted into a homemade version of natural vegan  Nutella! Nutella is the registered name brand spread for Nutella. It contains milk and is not vegan. This version is my homemade interpretation. I replaced rice syrup or agave nectar for the honey (most vegans I know don't eat honey). 


Amy Inspired Hazelnut Butter
1/2 cup hazelnut butter (available at health food stores)
1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
1/4 cup rice syrup or agave nectar
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and melt together until smooth (can also be done in microwave) Just heat and stir till nice and creamy. Pour into a mason jar or bowl and place in the fridge for 10 minutes. Stir after 5 minutes. Keep at room temperature if you want it to be spreadable. 


There you go! Make a very simple nut butter. It works amazing with peanut, almond and soy-nut butter as well. 


Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

No comments: