Tomorrow morning I will be visiting my darlings on Good Morning Arizona with some great side-dish ideas for the upcoming memorial day weekend! Here are the recipes for all of you to enjoy!
Tess' Red White and Blue Caprese Salad
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- ½ lb fresh mozzarella balls, drained
- 1 pint blueberries
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- chopped basil (optional)
- Smear pesto on the bottom of a large serving platter.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and blueberries in stripes or artistic design over pesto.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped basil if desired.
Chef Tess Sweet Corn and Avocado Salsa (Cowboy Caviar)
This recipe uses the bounty of the garden and is great with chips or as a side salad
Yield: 2 to 3 cups
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 15 oz can diced fire roasted tomato, drained
- 1 ½ cup fresh corn
- 1 cup cooked black beans, well drained
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (for a hotter salsa, leave the seeds in)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (2T dehydrated)
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper
- 1T Chef Tess Fajita Seasoning (optional) OR Taco Seasoning
- Place the avocado in the bottom of a nonreactive mixing bowl and gently toss it with 3 tablespoons of the lime juice. Spoon the tomato on top of the avocado.
- Add the corn kernels to the mixing bowl. The salsa can be prepared to this stage up to 2 hours ahead. Refrigerate it, covered.
- Just before serving, add the jalapeño and cilantro to the mixing bowl and gently toss to mix. Taste for seasoning, adding more lime juice as necessary and season with salt and pepper to taste; the salsa should be highly seasoned.
There you go! Have an absolutely awesome Memorial Day! Remember to think of those who gave all for us to be free this weekend. Memorial Day is to honor their memory and sacrifice.
Post a Comment