Monday, July 17, 2017

Low-Carb Italian Sausage Riced Cauliflower


I had my weigh-in and measurement session at my gym today.  I've literally fallen in love with  Tribrid Personal Training. It's been six weeks since I started with my trainer Chris Schenck, and I have to admit that I was pretty nervous about today. Not because of anything he said or did to make me nervous, but because I'm so much of a freakin' perfectionist! I kept thinking, "What if I didn't lose anything?"...Funny, because my scale said I did. "What if Chris makes me feel crappy about not doing better?"...Stupid, because he's never been anything less than encouraging. I've been flippin' religious about tracking everything I eat, making it to the gym, and reporting my progress. Guess what?   It's definitely paid off!

I don't want to gross anyone out, but this is a  plastic replica of a pound of pure fat. Mmm. Fat.

 Chris keeps this replica at his desk.
 Only a personal trainer would keep this at his desk. 
I'm just saying. 

So...Drum roll please...I'm down 16.25 lbs in body fat and 16.5 inches! In 6 weeks. 

Six. Weeks. 

 I am feeling pretty awesome!

Simple healthy supper is here to stay! That's pretty much how I roll these days. So, here's a great recipe that is just super quick and really delicious. 


Tess' Low-Carb Italian Sausage Riced Cauliflower 

  • 1 28 oz can organic diced tomatoes
  • 1 lb lean Turkey Italian Sausage
  • 1 med onion, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
  • 1 12 oz bag cauliflower, riced ( I use Green Giant brand)
  • 1 Tbsp Chef Tess Romantic Italian Seasoning


 Directions:
In a 12 inch deep skillet, brown the turkey sausage with the onion until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and seasoning and simmer a few minutes more.  Add all the remaining ingredients and cover. Reduce heat to low ans simmer about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is warm.  Yield: 5 servings


My Fitness Pal Nutritional information: 198 cal, 10 g fat, 19 g protein, 8 g carb, 2 g fiber,  6 net carbs per serving

There you go my darlings! 

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess


2 comments:

Charlotte Moore said...

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you. That is wonderful!!! Keep up the good work. GOD BLESS!!

emmers said...

I made this last week for dinner - it was SO good! Thanks for sharing the recipe - cauliflower rice (riced cauliflower) was even at walmart! love, love, love it!!