Remember the day I promised you guys that I'd only review on my blog the stuff I liked, because I'm classy that way? Well. Here's a good one.
I recently found a low-carb pasta that is based on protein...and it's really good.
I didn't get paid to do this post.
They didn't send me any free product.
This is just my own experiment and observation because I thought it sounded too good to be true!
It's called IsoPasta
|photo courtesy of Isopasta|
Things to note:
- At first, the price threw me. I'm admittedly a cheapskate and I'm used to the normal pasta prices at the grocery store, but then I did the math. For low carb, what I'd pay for a protein supplement or protein bar anyway, I could actually eat a rather filling and tasty meal.
- It makes a lot of pasta! One bag of their pasta along with vegetables and lean beef, made about a half gallon of finished fusilli. They called this 5 servings, but the pasta is so filling, it was really more like 8. Plus the calorie count was 170, including only 7 net carbs and 30 grams of protein.
- Cooking time is real. The package actually says to cook it for 30 minutes. That threw me off too. I'm a chef. I like a good texture to my pasta, but on this one they aren't kidding. 30 minutes and it is the texture of regular pasta.
- It's really filling. I can eat this at noon and not have a hunger pain until six hours later. Not many protein bars can offer that.
- It's so much like pasta, it's scary. Like really scary. For those missing pasta in their life, it's a real blessing!
There you go. Just a quick review of something yummy! Have an awesome Tuesday my darlings!