Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls with Maple peach glaze...

This morning I thought I would fill you with jealousy and envy. I know you are jealous of my kids right now. You want to sit at my breakfast table in a seat way bigger than you are with a giant glass of ice cold milk and one of these bad boys.

I couldn't sleep, which isn't a huge revelation to anyone who knows me. Ask my mother, I have been this way since birth. Too much to see...no time to do it. So, it comes as no surprise to me that I wanted to bake cinnamon rolls for breakfast. It doesn't happen every day. My cousin is coming over for some chick flicks while my boys are back to school (after a 4 day break). It seemed right. I used the 5 day bread dough and made cinnamon rolls. The glaze was the best part. Eat up. I think everyone should glaze something with it. Take that however you want. Go ahead and get that glazed look in your eyes. It makes you look...um...smart. Or something.

Maple Peach glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 T water, depending on how thin you want it
1/2 tsp maple extract
1 tsp peach flavored crystal light powder (I KNOW it's not all natural. Sorry to disappoint.)

Mix it up and glaze your rolls. On the sheet pan, not on your thighs. I imagine the glaze will get to the thighs soon enough.

There you go.

No comments: