Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Greek-ish Pizza

Dinner tonight was a snap. I don't always have days like today, but I had one of those days where I thought to myself "self... that was utterly brilliant..."
It started with having homemade oven rise pizza dough (Friday's Freeze Frame...) in the freezer and ended with a delightful Greek-ish, Greek-like, flavorful pizza that my family literally devoured in about 3 gasping gulps. I'm still shaking. It was scary.

2tsp olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp dill
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 prepared frozen pizza crust (Friday's Freeze Frame...)
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 cup mozzarella cheese (low fat )
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
2 T fresh chopped basil and parsley

Combine oil, Italian seasoning,dill, vinegar and garlic. Brush the pizza crust with the oil mixture using a pastry brush. Place on a pizza stone. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Top with tomato slices, cheeses, parsley and basil.

If you wanted to make this a freezer meal, you would simply place on a cardboard cake circle, wrap with heavy freezer plastic wrap and then put in a gallon size freezer bag. I chose to Bake at 425 degrees 25-30 minutes.

Either way it's all good.
Quick and easy dinner that was a huge success. Now that's something to blog about.
There you go.

No comments: