Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Sweet Cooking Session with The Church Gals!



















 Today's cooking class was like three classes in one. We talked "freeze cinnamon rolls", "fruit cutting and preparation for large groups", and "cooking for large groups using food storage ingredients".


Class one. How To Make Freezer Cinnamon Rolls", was outstanding. Some gals got to play with frosting...err...frost the cinnamon rolls in a really fast and easy way.  What is it about playing with frosting that makes life so beautiful? I don't know. That's probably one of my favorite things to do.




Class two. "How To Cut Fruit Fast and Effectively for Large Groups", was beautiful. Even the little ones got involved. Peeling melon correctly as well as kiwi. We had many hands, light work, and a lot of laughs. 
  Seeing the food laid out after all the work, is always so gratifying. 
Class three. "How To Cook a Quiche Using All Food Storage Ingredients" was the final blast. This delectable savory egg, cheese, asparagus and mushroom quiche with sausage was only one of 28 quiche that we had for the event. In the end we ended up with a few extra quiche, but I'd rather have too many than not enough.  It was a delicious and educational gathering of sweet ladies. I'm so grateful I was asked to teach. 

If you were there (or not there) and missed the printable recipes, shopping list, and tutorials for planning food for a large group like this, go here

We stayed right on track with our food budget and had a fantastic turn-out. I'm so thankful to everyone who helped bake, prepare and participate. It makes me so happy to see something like this come together so smoothly and end so well. God bless you all! I don't know about the rest of you...but I had a remarkable time. 

Always My Very Best, 
Your Friend Chef Tess


5 comments:

Ruby Jean said...

Oh my that looks like it was not only FUN but TASTY to... :)

2Sammi said...

Wow you are amazing, and what a fun time. Any change you want to move to West Haven?????

Renee

Chef Tess said...

West Haven would be fun! Xoxo!! Love you!!

B said...

or how about Brigham City,

Chef Tess said...

Barbara...I'll be in Brigham City on Thursday next week. Oh I'm so excited! I agree though, I could live there!