Sunday, March 17, 2013

Courage...The Bread of Life Section


Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul. We call it the Bread of Life section. Enjoy.

I walked through a lot of personal doors this week that took extreme strength. Strength I didn't know I even had and strength very much beyond my own power. In all honesty, some of the hardest trials you or I will ever face, will be ones in the private sanctuaries of our human soul. God, who knows and loves perfectly, has never left me alone. I'm thankful for that. Ever read a scripture and had it punch you in the forehead... proverbially of course? I've been thinking of Esther this week. She had courage. Yet, I think, when it all came down to it, she felt much the same way I did when I walked through some pretty bold doors.

Esther 4:14 says this, " For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"

...and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?   When faced with seemingly overwhelming odds, Esther did what she did because ultimately she knew that the God of Israel was walking next to her through those doors. 

2 Chronicles 13:1 "And, behold, God himself is with us for our captain, and his priests with sounding trumpets to cry alarm against you..."

I don't know what you are facing personally or what doors you'll have to walk through this week, but I do know that the God of Love will never leave your side. You will have the strength you need. Courage will settle in your heart, because true courage, doing what is right in spite of one's fears, is found in faith. Not just faith in the arm of flesh or things of this world...but a faith in the true and living God! That is the faith that will carry you through fire, unflinching.  Will you feel fear? Maybe. I promise if you reach out the hand of your soul and put it in the hand of God, you will be able to do what needs to be done!







There it is.
Have a blessed week.

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God, good work Tess