Sunday, June 2, 2013

Joy in the Journey


Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul. I call it the Bread of Life section. Enjoy. 

Those how follow me here regularly know that we recently had a deep and personal loss with the death of my dear friend and father in law (we called him Mr. Putt Putt).  It has been an interesting couple of weeks as we've been trying to get "back to normal"...only beginning to realize that normal has changed forever.  I miss dad a lot.   In spite of that sadness, we've been surrounding with the love and support of family and dear friends.  I read this article and gained a lot of spiritual strength.  It was a reminder to me that I am not alone on my journey and when I'm dealing with trials that my God and Friend grieves with me. 

I received 3 messages this week that have helped me tremendously.

Message number 1:
"Heavenly Father’s interest in you does not depend on how rich or beautiful or healthy or smart you are. He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you because you are His child... seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him. I promise you, you are not alone."1

I've taken some time to look around me and see the people I love most. They have held me up. 

Love continues. Love is the universal language and the most powerful language in the world.  I've seen it overcome emotional, spiritual, and physical walls!
Message number 2:
"The love of Christ is not a pretend love. It is not a greeting-card love. It is not the kind of love that is praised in popular music and movies. This love brings about real change of character. It can penetrate hatred and dissolve envy. It can heal resentment and quench the fires of bitterness. It can work miracles... when your primary thoughts and behaviors are focused on serving God and others—when you truly desire to bless and lift up those around you—then the power of the pure love of Christ can work in your heart and life."2



The third message: “Be of good cheer.”

My darling Tara showed up at my house with my favorite flowers this week.  It was a tender mercy moment. They are my favorite flower...ever...in the history of ever. I first fell in love  with these flowers as a child. They are just pure sunshine to my heart.   Every long road trip I go on, I can see them along the side of the road here in Arizona and they always remind me to find joy in the journey.  So,thank you Tara. Seriously. Thank you!


"With this in mind, I invite you to walk confidently and joyfully. Yes, the road has bumps and detours and even some hazards. But don’t focus on them. Look for the happiness your Father in Heaven has prepared for you in every step of your journey. Happiness is the destination, but it’s also the path. “Peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come” is what He promises."3


There it is.  Have a wonderful new week my darlings...and look for joy in the journey.



Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Tess.

No comments: