Wednesday, May 28, 2014

196 Calorie Roasted Veggie Turkey Chili (Weight Loss Challenge Recipe)

We started a 7 day clean eating challenge this week and one of my favorite recipes for making ahead is this chili. It is lean, full of veggies and it keeps my beautiful belly full for a long time.  Beautiful belly is, by the way, what I call this middle-section of mine. Or "Middle-Girth" for all you "Lord of the Rings" fans... After a couple months of belly dancing with my mom {No chance I'm ever dancing in public this way but...}, I figured out that this body and belly is not something I want to ever talk badly about. I've embraced my belly.  I'm not saying not to improve...I am saying to love your shape and enjoy the journey. If you hate your body, there's not a diet in the world that will cure it.  That is something you can take to the bank.  You can always be striving for good health, but self-hate is a disease that is only cured in the heart. Cure how you feel about yourself, and you'll have the power to win.  

That being said,  I eat this chili with a cup of chopped plum tomato and a cup of fine shredded cabbage and a drizzle of lime juice. Let me know what you think! Seriously. Veggies are amazing! So is your belly!

Chef Tess Roasted Veggie Lean Turkey Chili
Ingredients
2 cups black beans (canned okay, rinsed and drained without salt)
2 cup Celery, raw, diced
1/4 cup Onions, dehydrated flakes
6 oz Turkey Smoked Sausage, diced or crumbled
28 oz Tomato puree, without salt added
7 oz green chile peppers, diced, roasted  (canned okay)
1 cup Leeks, (bulb and lower leaf-portion), raw, sliced thin
3 oz Carrots, about 1 cup, shredded

3T chili powder, (hot or mild)


Instructions for Preparation: Put all ingredients in a crock pot. Simmer 2-3 hours high. OR pressure cooker high 5 minutes. Natural release. Yield 11 cups prepared chili. 7 , 1 1/2 cup serving.




There you go!

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess


































No comments: