Monday, March 2, 2009

Arizona BBQ Chicken and Sausage Pizza

I do declare, this may be one of my favorite pizzas of all time. I was just goofing around, which isn't unusual for me, but this time it all came together and I loved it so much it has come to the blog. I call it Arizona BBQ chicken and sausage pizza. Now, if Ace wasn't so against meat in general we would probably never have had this pizza. I personally am not against having it now and then, as long as it isn't my staple. Given the many heated opinions on the meat matter, we have come to peace here in the Petersen house. I'm good with it. I made some breadsticks to go with it that where very vegetarian, and Ace was happy, as long as there was some snazzy salad.

Chicken from the freezer made a quick meal, because it was already cooked, seasoned and deliciously tender. I am a little known for my obsessive use of the freezer for homemade dinners. One of which is the section on: Freezer Meal Ideas Pizza If you haven't looked at that one, it may be worth reviewing. I have my oven rise pizza dough recipe there (like the Djourno, but homemade). For the chicken, see :Freezer Meal Ideas meat I used the mustard glazed chicken for this BBQ pizza today.

With one half the dough for freezer pizza, top with 3/4 cup BBQ sauce of your choice, I use a combination of homemade chile sauce and regular BBQ sauce. Plop it in the middle of the rolled out dough and this is the shot..."ya' got me par'dner."

I seasoned the sauce with a bunch of black pepper, all purpose seasoning, and then topped with 1 lb chopped cooked chicken (mustard glazed chicken) and 1 lb cooked vegetarian sausage crumbles so it wouldn't be too fatty. Yikes. I can't stand a greasy pizza. Topped that with 8 oz of shredded low fat Mozzarella, though I am pretty-high-fa-loootin' sure that pepper-jack would have been intensely perfect.


I loved cheese. Oh heaven.

Bake 425 degrees 20-25 minutes from frozen (if you used the frozen dough) or if you make the dough and bake it right away, it takes 18-22 minutes. Bake until golden bubbly...(I'm golden bubbly on many occasions).

There you go! Serve it hot! Oh, and you must wear cowboy boot when eating this. Pretty sure.

No comments: