Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More Edible Ornaments for Tree and Chef Tess on Fox 10

Well, in the morning we'll be heading over to the Fox 10 studio here in Phoenix wearing our cute little homemade aprons. This will be yet another an amazing segment on Edible Stained Glass Gingerbread Ornaments , other edible ornaments...and of course the Super Cute Recycled Jean Apron Tutorial . Fox 10 will have the pdf version of the jean apron tutorial available for download directly from their website following the segment. Of course at that time I will publish the link. Just know that the segment will air Thursday morning at 8:45 AM.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share what else we've been hanging from our tree. Well...a sneak peek. We have a lot more to do in the days ahead. My boys are so excited for winter break and the chance to make more goodies. We started with a few for the actual show:

Chocolate covered pretzels are always super popular at our house. They're even more popular hanging on the tree. Why is that? Oh...it's the crushed peppermint candies.





We string them on a nice piece of yarn from Cussing Granny's stash. She has more yarn than any granny on earth should mortally be aloud to stash. I'm just saying...there's not enough time on earth to ever use it all. Ever.



When we string them, we tie a little single knot around each one. It's a really cool way to space them on the string.



We've made some more of the stained glass cookies. We added some shimmer though. What do you think? Aren't they just simple elegant?

I made the dough loops a little bigger so we didn't have to use string or hooks to hang them from the tree.

Oh...we also used the painted dough technique to add some simple fast touches of charm. This one is my favorite.
Simple last one for the day...shimmering pink stars. Why? I don't know. I guess because I don't have boys and I needed something girlie to go on the tree for all the nieces that come over. I can't let them suffer. No...let auntie Tess spoil you little cuties.



The paint is edible as always.


Again, the soft gel paste food coloring by Americolor. I got it at Michael's for just over a dollar a bottle. Not bad for how cool it looks on cakes, pastries, cookies and breads. Shameless product plug. I don't even work for them.


Oh...and the edible pearl dust...

It makes my heart sing. Might I add. Wilton. By the cake decorating stuff at most craft stores.

Paint it on your cookies. Oooo. Ahhhh.

There you go. Some fun ideas for edible ornaments. More to come in the next few days. Remember to watch Fox 10 on Thursday morning! Oh...and also remember to sign up for the Bread or Cinnamon Roll Free Class Giveaway! last entry will be taken Midnight Thursday and winner announced Friday morning. I'm excited to see who it will be!







No comments: