Sunday, July 29, 2012

How Can I Become the Woman of Whom I Dream?

Sunday is the day I share a little of my soul here in the Bread of Life Section. Enjoy.


Have you ever read something that just sticks out in your mind as awesome truth? Well, I read something a few years back...2001 to be exact. It has been something that I've kept with me since I first heard it...and tried to live by it. It was originally spoken by a man I love and admire named Gordon B. Hinckley during a rough time in my life. 
They were words that changed my heart and encouraged me to become a better woman than I was. There is something powerful about what you say to yourself when nobody is around. The words you speak out-loud to yourself will play out-loud in your life. Be very careful what you say.
I think these words are worth having around. Here's the summary of what I try to say to myself every day, based on what he said. I've posted the printable Here



How Can I Become the Woman of Whom I Dream?
By Chef Stephanie Petersen
Based on a talk by GORDON B. HINCKLEY
I Say This Everyday Out Loud When You Look in the Mirror:

For me... the sky is the limit.
I am excellent in every way.
I am first class.
I respect myself.
I do not feel sorry for myself.
I do not dwell on unkind things others may say about me.
I Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given me.

I go forward in life with a twinkle in my eye and a smile on my face, and always with great and strong purpose in my heart. Always.

I love life and look for its opportunities...I remember that I came to earth as a child of the divine Father, with something of divinity in my very makeup.

The Lord did not send me here to fail. The Lord did not give me life to waste it. The Lord bestowed upon me the gift of mortality that I might gain experience—positive, wonderful, purposeful experience—that will lead to life eternal...
There will be difficulties to overcome. But they will not last forever.
He will not forsake me! Ever!

I Always Look to the positive. Always.

I Know that God is watching over me, that He hears my prayers and will answer them, that He loves me and will make that love manifest. I let the Holy Spirit guide me in all that I do as I look to become the kind of woman of whom I dream.

I can do it. I am!
I will have friends and loved ones to help. I lift others.
I know that God will bless me as I pursue my course.
With God by my side, I cannot fail.

I've posted the printable Here . Xoxo. Speak out-loud. Live upward. 

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess

3 comments:

JLang said...

Thank you, thank you. So what I need to be saying to myself every day. Mostly, thank you for your inspiration in posting this today, it will be the perfect handout for my RS lesson.

Chef Tess said...

Xoxo! Always love my darling!!

Anonymous said...

I am not LDS but I admired Gordon B. Hinckley, He was a man of quality who had much influence in this world for good. Thanks for sharing.